Saturday, August 27, 2011

Just Like You

I know its a lot of children out there who don't understand their parent being gone and that a lot of them think that they are the only ones out there dealing with this situation but its not true. I dealt with this situation for 12 years of my life. My dad was in prison from age 2-14 in my life. I didn't tell any of my friends about him being in jail because I was the only one out of them who had a father in prison. I didn't know anyone other than my sisters who were dealing with this situation. I know how it is to feel alone and that NO ONE ELSE will understand. Its not an easy thing for any child to deal with which is another reason why I chose to write my series. It was therapeutic to me and I know that a lot of kids would benefit from the stories. Its no fun believing that their is no one else like you out there. That's why there's me. I'm no different than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment